- Store your jewelry in a clean and dry place to make sure your jewelry stays with you for a long time.
- Remove your jewelry when showering or bathing. Sea Salt or Chlorinated water at the swimming pool may damage your jewelry.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or exercise.
- Please do not expose your jewelry to household cleaning products. Bleaching products and highly reactive solutions may tarnish your jewelry.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray on the gemstones or pearls as it jeopardizes the integrity of the material.
- Remove jewellery when applying make-up, creams to avoid the residue getting into the texture or gemstone setting. Any residue dulls the shine of your ring.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Insure your valuable jewelry.
The Balsa wood is a very soft wood and is carved by hand. It will harden with the many layers of coatings, but that doesn’t make it indestructible so if possible avoid strong impacts to your piece.
The Silver is oxidized with liver of sulfur and will lighten over time. These changes are normal and we would love for you to embrace these changes as your unique jewellery piece lives with you.
Shibuichi is a japanese alloy that usually consists of 25% percent silver and 75% copper. Due to the high copper content the surface of the metal is likely to change over time. To slow down this process the shibuichi pieces are treated with a protective coat. However, we would love for you to embrace these changes as your unique jewellery piece lives with you.
General Jewellery Cleaning
Your jewellery might be cleaned very gently with a soft, slightly damp lint free cloth. This may help you to keep silver, yellow and rose gold jewellery to keep its shiny look. Please do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
We recommend professional cleaning of your jewelry every 6 months to lengthen its lifetime and also to make sure that the gemstones are still set in their place.